Here's to the JOURNEY.....

We are the Olnhausens- One family on a journey of following the Lord wherever He takes us to live, serve, and most of all LOVE.... current location- The Wilderness

Monday, February 15, 2010

A day off with Dad!!

I LOVE the fact that Brad gets to take random days to spend with us. This morning the boys jumped on our bed and tackled us for a while. Usually they do that to just me because Brad is already up early, getting a fire started, getting ready for the day....this could only mean one thing.......Daddy's Day Off!! Hooray.... so I'm writing out of pure excitement and thanksgiving for a day like today where we can do....well......what ever comes to us, but the great thing is, we are together! Since I don't have pics of the day yet because it's just begun, I will turn this post into kind of a tribute to Art... it will seem random but you will see how it fits, hang with me....

On mornings that Brad hangs around, our favorite thing to do is sit together and have coffee and chat while the boys have breakfast and play...so we french pressed it up...


which got me thinking about our latte parties we used to have in the Atl.... one day our Artist friend Megan snapped some shots.... I wish I had a link to her artwork cause it's FAB but here are a few of her photos...












on another "Art" note...our table.....it's in the house!!   Yay...it's not completed so I'm not going to unveil it yet but I will show a peek as I showcase this beautiful arrangement that our friends Greg and Lu brought over the other night, which will lead you to more art...watch...




Greg is a very well-known Wildlife Artist out here and he is awesome!!...look at His stuff  HERE

One last thing... I am a follower of  Emily Smith's photography (she grew up in my neighborhood), She is amazing!. She has recently gone to Haiti with a crew to help with some relief and she also had a chance to document her time.. Look  HERE....... Her photos are definitely a work of art. She has a way of making even tragedies BEAUTIFUL...

Well that concludes my Day off turned into Art post!... after we decide what adventures we embark on today, I might share if I get some pics

1 comment:

  1. Suuupppeerrr excited to find your blog. Love you Beckers. Miss you, and so happy that we get to have such amazing lives, with amazing husbands, amazing kiddos, and a God that is so much bigger than us. (:

    ReplyDelete